[IAC#RG] people of India/world wake up
"Pramod Yadava" (via indiaresists Mailing List)
2018-03-17 00:27:28 UTC
Dear fellow citizens:

Limits of telling lies and well-orchestrated pursuits of sectarian
objectives are already past in the utterances and actions of the present
dispensation in government. I do not blame them entirely. It is natural or
at least convenient to get drawn towards someone telling you to be
'superior' than the rest of humanity. Even those having privilege of
education and exposure to scientific knowledge opt to subscribe to such
views. It is important that the education system produces enlightened and
not just literate citizens with a sense of parity and independent views.
The groups today are on a rampage to demolish any institutions promoting
debates and questioning. It goes up to re-writing history and misleading
certain sections by selectively glorifying their past. On the ground they
continue to lynch people, discriminate between communities, indulge in
anti-woman, anti-weaker section and anti-secular activities and their
leaders loudly assert to be prophet for all. It is time the Indian voters
woke up and disqualified them from seeking votes. However, other political
groups will also have to show the vision, commitment, wit and grit to
uphold democratic values with required transparency and accountability. We
need to evolve intellectually to include the entire humanity in our scheme
of world democracy after accomplishing the same in our own context.

Long live India, long live humanity,
--
Pramod Yadava, Professor (superannuated) & Former Dean, School of Life
Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067, INDIA