[IAC#RG] DEFICIENCIES observed in Annaji's satyagraha from March 23rd 2018
"Sarbajit Roy" (via indiaresists Mailing List)
2018-03-25 11:56:24 UTC
To:
Bhrastachar Virodhi Jan Andolan Nyas
(Anna Office)
Ralegan Siddhi

BY EMAIL

Kind Attn: Shri Anna Hazare and other trustees BVJAN

Dear Annaji

Pranam

We at INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION, jan andolan were delighted to observe you
from afar at Ramlila Maidan when we visited on March 24 2018 and made a
token contribution to your trust.

As fellow activists and concerned non-political citizens who have
participated with you for over a decade in various RTI and social programs
please read our genuine comments / brotherly advice on your present *andolan
/ satyagraha* very carefully.

1. It is a sin to God, and a criminal offence under the Indian Penal Code,
to take affidavits from innocent activists and victims of scams as a
precondition to join your anti-corruption movement which contain
declaration(s) that the deponent promises to never join political party(s)
or stand for political office in the future. It appears that you are unware
that India is a democracy and participation in politics / democracy is a
fundamental right guaranteed by the Constitution of India only suspended
during times of Emergency. Accordingly the INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION is
constrained to protest that your BVJAN membership affidavits are either (a)
deceitful devices to filter out those opposed to corruption.from
participation in democractic processes or (b) to locate independent persons
to be sucked into a certain political party. .

2. There is rampant misuse of NATIONAL FLAG (*tiranga*) at your
satyagrahas. If it had been anybody else but you, the INDIA AGAINST
CORRUPTION would have put the offenders in jail by now. *eg.*

a) We are unable to tolerate that numerous ladies you brought from
Maharashtra were draped in the tiranga (tricolor) and as such using the
open latrines one had to pass through to enter the venue of your protest
because Modi Sarkar's intolerant Govt had blocked all other access gates to
your protest site except the one entrance which passed throgh these open
latrines where *Swach Bharat mission* has not yet reached..

b) We are unable to tolerate that you have placed yourself above the
National flag and were speaking from a raised platform high above the
National Flag.

c) We are unable to tolerate that you are waving the National Flag when the
Flag Code of India and Supreme Court judgments (eg. Navin Jindal versus
UoI) only permit private citizens to wave paper flags and that too on
nationally important occasions / days.

d) You should know that fund raising organisations like trusts and societes
are specifically barred from using the National Emblems in a way to lower
the public esteem of the emblem or to dishonour them..

e) The venue of your satygraha is alongside Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi named
in honour of Shri Asaf Ali whose wife Smt. Aruna (*nee* Ganguly) Asaf Ali
raised the *tiranga* at Azad Maidan to ignite Gandhi's Quit India movement
when all national leaders had been arrested. You will surely recall that
the British wanted Indians to salute their flag "Union Jack" and Aruna
Ganguly's brave act of raising the flag of India was a protest against that
Government and its Union Jack flag. Hence, we at INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION
cannot understand why you insist on waving the flag of the very Governments
you claim to be protestng against. If yours was a true act of protest
against the Government you would have waved the Union Jack at your
Satyagraha to remind the present Govt that they should stop behaving like
the East India Company.

3) We at INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION are unable to understand why you are
associating wth and supporting the Staff of the PACL Ponzi scam who were
instrumental in deceiving lakhs of innocent investors out from their
savings. Even today all that these staffers and their unions want is for
PACL to restart business so that their PONZI scams wil continue.

4) Lastly, we are unable to understand why some BJP workers close to Ms.
Kiran Bedi, and who were earlier in Aam Aadmi Party are on your latest Core
Committee. This is probably the reason why many disillusioned persons
prefer to stay away from your *anshans* and consider you a BJP / RSS agent
yourself.

We sincerely implore you not to continue your satyagraha unless the above
mentioned deficiencies are corrected

sincerely

Jai Hind

Sarbajit Roy