[IAC#RG] DISCUSSION: Is Rahul Gandhi a Janeudhari (Brahmin) Hindu as INC claims ?
"Sarbajit Roy" (via indiaresists Mailing List)
2018-03-22 03:44:53 UTC
Dear IACians

The INC RTI cell has consistently refused to accept my RTI's concerning
public statements being made by their official spokespersons that Rahul
Gandhi is a Brahmin (2012) and that he is a Janeudhari Brahmin Hindu (2017).

Because INC is a public authority under RTI Act as held by Central
Information Commission, I had recently approached the Election Commission
to transfer my RTI to INC. The Election Commission CPIO after 3 months
replied to me and evaded transferring my RTI application to INC/AICC. The
ECI also says that they have no information about Rahul Gandhi's
parentage,religion, caste etc.

So it is high time that Hindustanis know certain facts about Mr. Rahul
Gandhi's false claims to be a Januedhari Hindu of Brahmin caste.

1) Rahul Gandhi's parents are apparently Shri Rajiv Gandhi and Shrimati
Sonia Gandhi.

2) As per affidavits filed in Delhi High Court in 'Menaka Gandhi versus
Indira Gandhi and Anr' and finding of the single judge (later challenged in
LPA before DB), Shri Rahul Gandhi's brother "Sanjay" was a Parsi and not a
Hindu, and Menaka Gandhi (aka Maneka Gandhi) was quite aggrieved that.the
court had concluded that Sanjay Gandhi (who married Maneka under Special
Marriage Act) was a Hindu and not a Parsi merely on the say of Indira
Gandhi without allowing evidence to be led on this point. As per Maneka
Gandhi both she and her husband Shri Sanjay Gandhi were clear that their
intestate succession would not be under Hindu Succession Act but under
Indian Succession Act since late Shri Sanjay Gandhi was a Parsi and hence
their marriage under Special Marriage Act 1954.

NB: The definition of "Parsi" in the Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936 is
for mariage between two Zorastrians, and it is nobody's case that Indira
Nehru was a Zorastrian at time of her marriage to enable a marrige under
Parsi Marriage Act 1936..

3) The LPA bench curiously observed that Shri Sanjay Gandhi was not a Parsi
because it was not proved he was a Zorastrian (ie. one who has Navjot
ceremony) and the Indian law is silent on who exactly is a Parsi. The LPA
court also observed that Sanjay Gandhi's father Feroze Gandhi was a Hindu
because he allegedly married Indira Nehru by "Vedic" rites. Of course the
court overlooked that Feroze Gandhi's mortal remains are buried in the
Parsi cemetry at Allahabad, and the Parsi community are notorious for not
allowing non-Parsis entry into their sacred places.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/allahabad/Feroze-Gandhis-grave-spruced-up/articleshow/10727112.cms

So it is very probable that

1) Shri Feroze Gandhi was a Parsi (Zorastrian) and his so-called marriage
with Indira Gandhi (a non-Parsi) by "Vedic" rituals was ILLEGAL unless it
is proved to be either (a) solemnised under Special Marriages Act 1872 or
(b) under ARYA Marriage Validation Act 1939 as a marriage between 2 Hindus.

2) There is no evidence of solemnisation of any marriage between Feroze
Gandhi and Indira Nehru under Special Marriage Act 1872, The marriage
register under SMA is a public document open to inspection by anybody and I
am reliably informed that nobody has seen any such record.

3) Feroze Gandhi could not have been a Hindu at time of his marriage (as
Arya Marriage Validation Act requires) because the Parsis do not accept
converts / reconverts and Feroze Gandhi was throughout a Parsi in his
lifetime as proved by his burial in the Parsi cemetry at Allahabad, and
declaration by his younger son Sanjay before the marriage officer that he
is Parsi.

Indira Gandhi's biographer has also stated that the Vedic marriage between
Feroze and Indira was a sham and illegal in law.

I can disclose much more, but if any Ld. IAC member wants to correct me at
this stage please do so. I shall next examine the matter in context of
Hindu Code where 1 parent is a Hindu and child (legitimate or illegitimate)
is brought up as a Hindu. I shall also deal with the situation that Indira
Gandhi was not a Hindu but something else.

Sarbajit
"Sarbajit Roy" (via indiaresists Mailing List)
2018-03-22 03:52:45 UTC
A correction to my last email

The line " Shri Rahul Gandhi's brother "Sanjay" was a Parsi and not a
Hindu" may be read as

" Shri Rajiv Gandhi's brother "Sanjay" was a Parsi and not a Hindu"

Sorry for this.
Sarbajit
A Jose
2018-03-22 05:20:47 UTC
I thought this group consisted of some sensible people. I was mistaken. How
does the religious belief of a person matter? Let Mr X be Hindu or a Muslim
or a Christian or anything. Ignore all that. Look at his work and what
vision he as for the country.

Now I firmly believe that group has some ulterior motives. You want to
divert peoples attention from real issue. Throw dirt at all people without
substantial evidences to save the real guilty.

To hell with caste, religion, nationality, blah, blah, blah.

In the highest order of human civilization, there is no caste, religion,
nationality, etc.
Quit: "https://lists.riseup.net/www/signoff/indiaresists"
Help: https://help.riseup.net/en/list-user
WWW : http://indiaagainstcorruption.net.in
"Francis Arackal" (via indiaresists Mailing List)
2018-03-22 05:05:58 UTC
Dear Sarbajit,

It is very unfortunate that you are so obsessed with the religion of Rahul
Gandhi. Sir, please discuss more serious issues confronting the nation. I
am very disappointed with you going on and on with this issue. Stop it,
please.

Regards,
Prof. Francis Arackal
2018-03-22 04:29:03 UTC
Dear John (Lopez) / Right to Info Chennai

This INC party is targeting IAC and IACians should know all the facts why
we are being targeted.

*It is because IAC is a CLEAN SECULAR people's movement and INC is a
CORRUPT COMMUNALIST PARTY.*

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Rahul-Gandhi-call-himself-a-Hindu-Brahmin

Rahul Gandhi is publicly mocking Hindus and Brahmins by posturing as one.
Has he forgotten that he was admitted into St. Stephens College Delhi under
the minority Christian quota

https://www.dailyo.in/voices/rahul-gandhi-congress-president-unopposed-dynasty-bjp/story/1/20977.html

brgds

Sarbajit

​
Why people are after personal issues of politicians when there are plenty
of people oriented issues to be looked into..
Let us not waste our precious time on unwanted matters.
We hate corrupt people and ignore them for ever.
"Prodipto Roy" (via indiaresists Mailing List)
2018-03-22 05:20:33 UTC
Dear Sarbajit, are you a janeudhari Hindu yourself, as chief pracharak of
the Hindu Samaj? What is the purpose of your selective targeting of certain
people to the extent of questioning their biological antecedents and
purported religious affiliations? What gives you the right to label people
with diverse religious origins from claiming to be/also be Hindu - such as
the thousands of foreigners who come to India looking for spiritual
alternatives?

And what does your formulation of being "a Hindu" mean? I know what this
18th century appellation means to me and how full of contradictions it is
in the 21st century.

Please explain. I am not a fan of your latest pet target, and am afraid I
don't know much about Annaji, apart from his exemplary work in greening
Ralegan Siddhi, to critique his goals, or rather, his ends and means.

Joya Roy
2018-03-22 07:47:51 UTC
Dear Rina

You are mistaken

Feroze Gandhi never converted to Hinduism.

The photo you refer to is very well known and was stage managed by Congress
at Nehru's desire for political reasons, since neither Feroze nor Indira
were Arya Samajists at the time. After Feroze's death in Willingdon
hospital the Congress Party / Indira Gandhi hurriedly cremated the body
before Feroze's relatives could reach Delhi. Later his ashes were buried in
the Parsi cemetry near Allahabad at the insistence of his Parsi family
despite the way his remains were disposed of contrary to Parsi traditions
and over objections of some conservative Parsis.

About SMA you are wrong, it was originally proposed as the Brahmo Marriage
Bill, 1871,as desired by a renegade (Christian) section of Brahmo Samaj
under Keshub Chandra Sen but after strong objections from the real Brahmo
Samaj which considered themselves as Hindus it was renamed as Special
Marriage Act 1872 (Act III of 1872) and is considered the first true
secular law of India. An updated version was notified in 1954. Feroze and
Indira could easily have married under this law and their marriage would
have been 100% legal. Instead the Congress has fabricated this myth that
Feroze converted to Hinduism and married Indira by Arya Samaj rites to
cover up that no legal marriage took place..

Actually, the Arya Samaj has never in its history converted somebody who
was not a convert out of Hinduism. The shuddhikaran ritual is only for
those who have left Hinduism (say to Islam or Christianity) and then
returned to Hinduisim. There is no ritual in Arya Samaj to convert a
Zorastrian Parsi into a Hindu. Please read Saryarth Prakash carefully on
this point.

Sarbajit
Feroze Gandhi and Indira Nehru were married as per Arya Samaj rites.
Nehru's biography says so. The book also has photographs of the wedding
which was solemnised as per Vedic rites. Feroze Gandhi had been brought up
as a Parsi Zoroastrian but converted toHinduism as per Atya Damaj rites. On
death, he was cremated and his ashes immersed in the Sangam at Allahabad by
Pt Nehru. There are photographs testifying to it from newspapers of that
period.
In short, the Gandhi family should be considered Hindu. But Sonia Gandhi
may have brought up her children as Roman Catholics.
As regards the Special Marriage Act, it came into effect
post-independence. Since Indira and Feroze got married pre-independence,
how could they have availed of it?
Dr Rina Mukherji
Pune
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>
On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 at 9:23, Sarbajit Roy