[IAC#RG] the 'hard life' of army veterans
"Prodipto Roy" (via indiaresists Mailing List)
2018-03-31 04:29:23 UTC
For Omkar Razdan ji.:

Many of us have soldiers in our families, who lived with bodies full of
shrapnel and shellshocked ears till the end of their lives, having served
at many war fronts. Some were decorated, some forgotten. My IMA surgeon
grandfather served in Mesopotamia, Cremia, Egypt in WWI, amputating wounded
limbs of soldiers without anaesthesia or antibiotics, hearing their screams
and seeing them die anyway which made him turn atheist.

Sarbajit's grandfather, also an army surgeon, was a Japanese POW for three
years, living in the most inhuman conditions in SE Asia.

Which fronts did you and Annaji serve at? Please inform year, rank and
roles. What 'hard life' are you referring to?

My Mama Gen. D.K. Palit in 1948 was the first army man to enter old Leh,
where he secured the city against the so-called raiders, while Major Sharma
lost his life defending Srinagar. My brother in-law lived near the Siachen
glacier for three years in huge hardship.

We would like to felicitate you for your role in defending the motherland
so please inform what assignments you and Annaji went on in service.

Joya Roy

On 28 Mar 2018 7:33 p.m., "Omkar Razdan" <***@lists.riseup.net>
wrote:

respected Advocate Sahib

It would be very helpful if you comment over the ethicsless colleagues in
your own profession. That would be creditworthy and appropriate
Regards & best wishes

Er. Omkar Razdan, Former Vice Chairman and, Life Member, Transparency
International,India,

On Wednesday, 14 March, 2018, 7:42:33 AM IST, Aires Rodrigues <
***@lists.riseup.net> wrote:

Over the last 50 years I have had the occasion to closely interact with
some very good, not so good and some very awful Chief Secretaries and
Director Generals of Police. But the current Chief Secretary Dharmendra
Sharma and DGP Dr Muktesh Chander could be rated very poorly for their
miserable performance as both talk a lot but have sadly failed to walk
their talk.

As the two most vital beauracrats of the State it was incumbent on them to
be vigilant and loyal to the interests of Goa. But the two having acting as
caged parrots of the ruling brigade have failed in their bounden duty to
safeguard even the fundamental provisions of our Constitution and the
framework of law.

The bureaucrats should be independent and impartial while ensuring that the
administration is free from political interference. They should not
shamelessly bow, bend and crawl all over, while blindly signing on the
dotted line at the dictates of the political bosses. Infact the bureaucrats
must strictly function within the parameters of law and cannot end up being
spineless slaves of the Political masters.

A bureaucrat by law is constitutionally duty bound to be politically
neutral at all times. Ruling politicians cannot be using bureaucrats as
pawns in their political games. We need to stem this interdependent chronic
relationship that exists between Ministers and Civil servants. For Good
Governance and Rule of law to prevail, the political neutrality and
impartiality of the civil servants is very vital. With bureaucrats acting
as colluding caged parrots, the ruling party has been able to carry on with
the further destruction and degradation of Goa. Once the Pearl of the
Orient, it has now been reduced to a Corruption embedded gambling,
prostitution, narcotics and crime hub.

The law requires that no Government servant should be politically biased or
inclined to any party. May these great words of our late President Dr APJ
Abdul Kalam be an inspiration to them all in the discharge of their duties. “If
you salute your duty, you no need to salute anybody, but if you pollute
your duty, you have to salute everybody”.

Aires Rodrigues

Advocate High Court

C/G-2, Shopping Complex

Ribandar Retreat,

Ribandar – Goa – 403006

Mobile No: 9822684372

Office Tel No: (0832) 2444012

Email: ***@gmail.com

Or

***@yahoo.com

You can also reach me on

Facebook.com/ AiresRodrigues

***@rodrigues_aires

www.airesrodrigues.com

Post: "***@lists.riseup.net"
Exit: "indiaresists-***@lists.riseup.net"
Quit: "https://lists.riseup.net/www/signoff/indiaresists"
Help: https://help.riseup.net/en/list-user
WWW : http://indiaagainstcorruption.net.in

2018-04-02 09:55:50 UTC
What rank, division, posting, and field experience did Annaji have? Can't
we be exact? I'm sure he would enlighten us if asked. He gets a pension,
you know.

Roy

On 2 Apr 2018 1:39 p.m., "YAH00!!!" <***@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Mr. Anna Hazare was working in Army in the year 1965 as he had claimed
very ofen.

Warm regards,

Rakshpal Abrol
Consumer Activist
9820203154
***@yahoo.co.in

------------------------------

airesrodrigues@ yahoo.com <***@yahoo.com>

"Aprrajita Sharma" (via indiaresists Mailing List)
2018-04-02 15:49:14 UTC
What a brilliant initiative. We vote for governments to place our TAXES
into well deserved projects campaigns and recognitions. Thankyou for
raising this burning issue. God bless Bhaarat.
Jai bharti!
2018-04-03 03:21:47 UTC
I just clicked on 'reply'. Not only the veterans, their families too. I saw
how in 1962 my soldier brother.in.law's wife, my sister, gave her marriage
jewellery to govt.to help finance relief and all army women knitted socks
for the jawans on the front. Most of the fatalities in 1962 were due to
zero acclimatization, mountain sickness leading to pulmonary odema
(including of Gen. Kaul himself), and hypothermia. And a very confused
command hierarchy (see D. K. Palit's War in High Himalaya, he was DMO
then).

The situation will not be different in a future war in that sector no
matter how much is spent on jets and new weaponry, given the high
preparedness of the PLA and their political bosses. I have spent nights in
PLA camps in Tibet on a journey to and fro Lhasa and seen the troops' high
morale, excellent health status, good food supplies, visible mental
resilience and, most of all, high altitude acclimatization on the Tibetan
plateau at 12,000'.

Joya Roy
Your initiative to highlight how deserving veterans await due recognition
while underseving ones are getting rewarded.
Also, how did you find my email address, I dont particularly recall
knowing you, is there a common acquaintance?
Regards
Sorry, I didn't understand - what initiative do you speak of?
Joya Roy