[IAC#RG] Modi Goivt takes 2 years to decide if NRIPENDRA MISRA is corrupt or not
"Sarbajit Roy" (via indiaresists Mailing List)
2018-09-13 02:15:27 UTC
Dear IACians

The Modi Govt is so steeped in the corruption of crony capitalism, brazen
thefts and fire-sales of public assets to their Gujarati bania-Jain
carpetbagger cronies that nowadays it takes them 2 years to reply to formal
public grievances on such corruptions.

It is an open secret that pliable retired Vivekananda Foundation fixers
like Nripendra Misra were jobbed in by Mr. Modi in contravention of all
safeguard norms to put in place a regime of institutionalised corruption
centralised at the PMO to sell off our prize public assets to Mr. Modi's
crony friends from Gujarat at throwaway prices. [*link*
<https://indianexpress.com/article/education/iim-bill-pmo-hrd-meet-most-issues-resolved-2910150/>
]

For the amusement of our members, I am reproducing below the reply received
after 2 years to my PGPORTAL grievance no LGVED/E/2016/00204 which I
received by email today.

*NB:* Incidentally there is no denial therein that Shri Misra is a corrupt
officer who bypasses statutory procedures and provisions.
Sarbajit

Grievance Status for registration number : LGVED/E/2016/00204
* Grievance Concerns To *

*Name Of Complainant *Er Sarbajit Roy
* Date of Receipt *27/10/2016
* Received By Ministry/Department *Legislative Department

*Grievance Description *
Kindly refer my previous complaint with Registration Number :
LGVED/E/2015/00156 and reply letter in File No. 11(1)/2015 L.I.(Vol.1) dt.
18.December.2015 by Shri K.V.Kumar (Dy. Legislative Counsel). I am caused
to complain afresh, with a new cause of action, in this matter, ie.
mischievous news reports published in national media, eg. Indian Express of
7.October.2016 titled as 'Prakash Javadekar does what Smriti Irani didn’t,
Agrees to free IIMs via new Bill' and subtitled as 'According to sources in
the Law Ministry, the HRD Ministry has now moved a supplementary Cabinet
note proposing three more changes to the Bill.' Accordingly, and pursuant
to my emails and visit therafter to MHRD at on 26.10.2016 I am now caused
to complain that the Ministry of Human Resource Development has misled and
deceived your Department on the issue of their compliance with National
PreLegislative Consultation Policy (NPLCP) in respect of draft Indian
Institute of Management Bill. Kindly note that as per advise of Shri
K.V.Kumar, I had filed RTI with the MHRD requesting to confirm specific and
pointed details of the NPLCP compliance in respect of my own comments as
well as those of other responding stakeholders and the actions taken
thereafter. However, the CPIO/(RTI Act) has declined to provide me the
information requested on various pretexts. I am highly aggrieved that MHRD
and Law Ministry are not complying with letter and spirit of NPLCP for this
IIM Bill. It seems to me that that there is great secrecy to enable
corruption to ensue so that these elitist Management Institutes can be
privatised in a corrupt and non-transparent manner without caring 2 hoots
for NPLCP. It seems that such policies like NPLCP are only a figleaf and
hollow formality for enabling Govt corruption, and being apparently
unenforceable are a sham and device devised to fool the public. It is
curious that Legislative Dept which is entrusted with monitoring NPLCP
compliance seems to be ignoring its mandate to ensure NPLCP compliance
while this brazen theft of national institutions is taking place. From the
media reports, It is not clear to me how or why the the Law Ministry is
selectively leaking information into media space for Draft IIM Bill. Since
I am yet to see any rebuttal or rejoinder issued by Central Govt to these
media reports, it is not clear to me how the beneficiaries of this brazen
theft are privy to what is transpiring inside your Ministry when concerned
citizens are being denied the same information under RTI applications. I am
further aggrieved that despite so many secret and nontransparent sweeping
changes in the draft bill after it was put out for public comments, another
fresh round of consultations is not being done for the ordinary
stakeholders to respond to anew. This is a clear example of crony
capitalism and complete rot in govt when such fixers and carpet baggers
have the free run of our Central Ministries. I am further aggrieved, as a
responding stakeholder, how the beneficiaries and their lobbyists are able
to access a hugely corrupt officer like Shri Nripendra Misra, who was
himself appointed under dubious ordinance, to get their work done through
the backdoor of the PMO. Considering all of the above, distinctly and
without prejudice, I am calling upon the Legislative Department to do its
business diligently, transparently and withour fear or favour in matter of
ensuring compete and demonstrable NPLCP compliance in matter of draft IIM
Bill.

*Current Status *Case closed
* Date of Action* 12/09/2018
* Remarks *The subject matter pertains to Department of Higher Education.

*Officer Concerns To *
* Officer Name *
Shri R.K.Sharma
* Officer Designation *